Compulsory LGBT teaching backed for Scotland
The Christian Institute
Scotland’s largest teaching union has voted for children across the country to be taught about same-sex families and LGBT history.
At its annual general meeting in Perth, the Educational Institute of Scotland (EIS) resolved to “affiliate to the Time for Inclusive Education (TIE) campaign”.
TIE calls for compulsory teaching on a range of controversial topics including homosexuality and transsexualism.
The demands of the TIE campaign include compulsory teaching on:
– Homophobia, biphobia and transphobia;
– Same-sex relationships;
– The Equal Rights Movement, Stonewall and the Gay Liberation Movement;
– Sexualities and sexual orientation;
– Transsexualism and gender identity
– Pro-LGBT sexual health education.
A majority of MSPs have signalled support for TIE and, earlier this year, the Scottish Government established a working group to discuss the aims of the campaign and hear recommendations from groups including Stonewall.
Revd David Robertson, founder of the Solas Centre for Public Christianity, has described the TIE campaign as a “Trojan horse to impose an ideological perspective on all pupils”.
He believes it is an attempt to “indoctrinate school pupils with one particular perspective on moral and sexual ethics and one which is contrary to mainstream Christianity”.
In England, fears remain over Government plans for ‘Relationships Education’.
- Churches in Australia Losing Members, but Pentecostal Churches Buck Trend
- Pastor Steps Down Over ‘Serious Personal Misjudgments’
- Pastor prays for God to ‘expose’ any Grenfell Tower cover-up
- Kidnapped Philippines priest ‘alive’ but Marawi situation still ‘dire’
- ‘Change your image of India from a nice backpacking trip to the Taj Mahal!’
Franklin Graham Calls Out Johnny Depp for Trump Assassination Joke
Actor Johnny Depp shocked the country when he told a crowd at the Glastonbury Festival in England that it’s time for an actor to assassinate...
Five Terrible Reasons to Enter Vocational Ministry
I’ve seen too many people in vocational ministry fail to launch. Perhaps “launch” is not the best term, because they may stay in ministry for...
A 2,000 Year Old Strategy for Engaging Culture with Christian Faith
The thing I love about reading is that you never know where you’ll find creative advice. I was reading recently about the Christian writer and...
Don’t do life for the applause
Below is a very clever new ad on TV. Skoda is a relatively new brand outside of Europe. While it was founded in 1895 and is owned by Volkswagen, it...