Compulsory LGBT teaching backed for Scotland
The Christian Institute
Scotland’s largest teaching union has voted for children across the country to be taught about same-sex families and LGBT history.
At its annual general meeting in Perth, the Educational Institute of Scotland (EIS) resolved to “affiliate to the Time for Inclusive Education (TIE) campaign”.
TIE calls for compulsory teaching on a range of controversial topics including homosexuality and transsexualism.
The demands of the TIE campaign include compulsory teaching on:
– Homophobia, biphobia and transphobia;
– Same-sex relationships;
– The Equal Rights Movement, Stonewall and the Gay Liberation Movement;
– Sexualities and sexual orientation;
– Transsexualism and gender identity
– Pro-LGBT sexual health education.
A majority of MSPs have signalled support for TIE and, earlier this year, the Scottish Government established a working group to discuss the aims of the campaign and hear recommendations from groups including Stonewall.
Revd David Robertson, founder of the Solas Centre for Public Christianity, has described the TIE campaign as a “Trojan horse to impose an ideological perspective on all pupils”.
He believes it is an attempt to “indoctrinate school pupils with one particular perspective on moral and sexual ethics and one which is contrary to mainstream Christianity”.
In England, fears remain over Government plans for ‘Relationships Education’.
- Australian priests ‘must report’ abuse confessions
- Hong Kong Christian Politician Allegedly Tortured
- National Black Church Initiative Denounces Trump Over Charlottesville Response
- Mom of injured activist weighs in on Charlottesville protests
- 70 years after Pakistan’s founding, what PM’s ousting means for minorities
Trump Responds to Charlottesville Riots
Charlottesville, Virginia is recovering today after a weekend of brutal violence between a group of white supremacists and people protesting their...
Why We Hit Snooze on God
It was all so innocent. A series of small compromises, a sequence of gentle taps. Most of them I couldn’t even remember. But after months of...
Trump: ‘Americans must come together with love for our nation’
President Donald Trump condemned the hate “on many sides” in response to violence at a white nationalist rally in in Charlottesville,...
The Seven Facebook Growth Strategies for Churches
So I had a lunch meeting with Chris Martin yesterday. For those of you who don’t know Chris, he’s one of our social media geniuses at LifeWay and...