$3,000 ‘Jesus’ Nike Sneakers With Holy Water Sell Out in Days
A Brooklyn-based company has sold out of its $3,000 per-pair customized Nike sneakers the ‘Jesus’ shoe.
MSCHF produced the shoes with water from the “River Jordan” injected into the soles. The sneakers are made with 100-percent frankincense wool, and there’s also a crucifix in the laces.
The sneakers went on sale Tuesday at $3,000 a pair. Despite the hefty price tag — they’re already sold out.
Matthew 14:25 is quoted on the side of the shoe, together with a drop of red ink on the tongue of the trainer to symbolize the blood of Christ. The shoes also feature red, Frankenscence-scented insoles, and a steel crucifix attached to the laces to reference The Vatican’s red shoes and jewels.
A link to the Catholic Church is also apparent in the form of a red sole – referencing the red Papal shoes traditionally worn outside by previous Popes.
Nike say it has nothing to do with the ‘Jesus shoes.’ MSCHF bought the sneakers at retail prices and added the “godly” frills itself.
MSCHF head of commerce Daniel Greenberg told The New York Post they made the “Jesus Shoes” to poke fun at collaboration culture.
“We were wondering, what would a collab with Jesus Christ look like?” Greenberg said. “As a Jew myself, the only thing I knew was that he walked on water.”
It is reported that the label plans to drop new designs at 11 a.m. every second and fourth Tuesday of the month going forward. Fans can sign up online to be notified of releases.
Image courtesy MSCHF
- Group starts petition for Donald Trump’s Twitter account to be banned
- Why the NBA Is a ‘Spineless Bully’
- “Please leave us” Australian Anglican bishop tells gays who want to change doctrine
- Christian Charity Responds with Aid in Northern Syria
- Christian tourists at risk if they display their Bible in public in Saudi Arabia
- Colleges and Universities Want Homeschool Graduates!
- New Book ‘The Christian Meditation Journal’ Makes Meditation Accessible to Christians
- New book aims to ‘revolutionize Christian theology regarding creation and all things cosmic’
- “The Jeremiah Johnston Show” Celebrates its First Anniversary on Faith Radio Network
- The Whole Truth Announces Winners of 2019 “40 Under 40 Award”
The 10 Ways Churches Drive Away First-Time Guests
The research and the post got me in trouble five years ago. So, why am I re-visiting this issue? Over the past few weeks, I have been involved...
Kanye West brings Sunday Services to Washington
Kanye West has surprised students at Washington’s Howard University by bringing his Kanye’s Sunday Services to the university. West, who...
Bernie Sanders says Trump Supporters are ‘Lying Bigots’. 5 Reasons He’s Wrong.
In the socialist world view – the world of identity politics – one can’t support both religious freedom and LGBTQ rights. They are mutually...
‘Why Using Children to Promote Climate Change Hysteria is Child Abuse’
It’s unconscionable… It’s child abuse… There’s no excuse for scaring vulnerable children into believing the world is going to end in...
It took 1000 coffees, but you've ﬁnished your book...
So where to now?
That's where we come in.
We have a team of publishing professionals ready to help you bring your book from your laptop to the world.
We offer cover design, typeset, eBook conversion, and competitive print prices. Oh and you'll also be on Amazon and thousands of websites worldwide.
Let us help you take the next step.LEARN MORE