Brazilian soccer star shares video of water baptism
Liverpool soccer star Roberto Firmino has shared a video of his water baptism to fans worldwide.
The player, who was signed to English premier league club Liverpool for £29 million back in 2015 while discovered playing in Brazil at the Copa América, Hoffenheim club, was joined in the pool by his wife and Liverpool’s goalkeeper Alisson Becker.
“Jesus is love,” the forward stated just before he was dunked in the water. “There is no explanation. Just believe him and feel the Holy Spirit.”
Firmino, affectionately nicknamed “Bobby” by Liverpool fans and players – a shortening of his first name “Roberto” – is also a member of the Brazilian national team.
Firmino is in the middle of a busy soccer season as Liverpool is chasing its first-ever Premier League title.
- Glasgow Court calls for ‘please explain’ from venue canceling Franklin Graham contract
- African church leaders call for urgent action on ‘devastating’ locust invasion
- Ravi Zacharias asks for prayer as he heads for spinal surgery
- On second anniversary of abduction, Leah Sharibu’s mom joins protest
- The big question for the Boy Scouts as they hit bankruptcy
- National Marriage Week Starts this Week: How to Celebrate and Why
- National worship gathering ‘Sing Over America’ to be held May 7-8
- April 18 – 19 designated as “Just Pray NO!” to drugs worldwide weekend of prayer and fasting
- Vaccine Exemption Removal Forces Parents to Rethink Options
- Southwest Christian High School, Chaska, Minnesota Featured in 2019 architectural portfolio