Burkina Faso church massacre: 14 Christians shot dead
Five children were among the 14 Christians, shot dead in an Islamist extremist attack on a church in Komondjari Province, south-east Burkina Faso, during Sunday morning worship on 1 December.
Barnabas Fund reports that a twelve-year-old boy, Lamoudi Ouoba, and four other boys aged between 14 and 16, were among the family of churchgoers murdered by the jihadists. All 14 victims were male members of the Ouoba family and included the pastor of the church. Several others were reported to have been left wounded.
The attack took place on the Evangelical Church of Hantoukoura, in Foutouri district – a region near the border with Niger recently targeted by extremists when 39 mining employees were killed in an ambush on their convoy on 6 November.
The timing of the latest atrocity, during the hours of worship, mirrors several of the other attacks on Christians this year, in which at least 152 Christians have been killed. Thousands have been forced to flee their homes, with many taking refuge from the violence in Kaya city, Sanmatenga Province.
Armed Islamist militants began their murderous rampage of 2019 in the small northern town of Silgadji on Sunday 28 April. Twelve gunmen rounded up the pastor, his son and four other members of the congregation and shot them one-by-one behind the church building when they refused to deny Christ and convert to Islam.
From Barnabas Fund contacts
- Kenyan Christians slain in suspected Al Shabaab attack
- Pastor Jarrid Wilson remembered at Wheaton Mental Health Summit
- Church registrations rise in Egypt after stringent building codes eased
- Music star: ‘Aussie PM should spend less time hanging with Brian Houston’
- Government bureaucracy ‘not the answer to America’s medical debt crisis’
- A life of travel leads author to Central Australia and fostering Indigenous children
- Why identity in Christ is at the heart of a successful Christian life
- New group launches to support Christian women in business
- Colleges and Universities Want Homeschool Graduates!
- New Book ‘The Christian Meditation Journal’ Makes Meditation Accessible to Christians
Just because you’re a Christian, you still have to hustle
I’ve been a Christian in business my entire working life, and in that time I have had to learn what part I play in making my life and career work,...
Because The Majority Does Not Determine Morality
It’s always nice to be able to point to the polls when they support your position. But polling, when done accurately, does nothing more than tell...
The problem with atheism
Over the years I have encountered many earnest seekers and sceptics who claim that there is insufficient evidence to prove the existence of God –...
Reinhard Bonnke, responsible for 79 million salvations, dies at 79
Evangelist Reinhard Bonnke, who many claim is responsible for as many as 79 million people meeting Jesus, has passed away. He was 79 years old....
It took 1000 coffees, but you've ﬁnished your book...
So where to now?
That's where we come in.
We have a team of publishing professionals ready to help you bring your book from your laptop to the world.
We offer cover design, typeset, eBook conversion, and competitive print prices. Oh and you'll also be on Amazon and thousands of websites worldwide.
Let us help you take the next step.LEARN MORE