California passes law forcing churches to embrace LGBT
David Rogers | Staff Writer
Times, they are a changin’. America, the most Christian of nations. Is in a death slide of sorts when it comes to its Christian legacy as the California State Assembly has just passed a resolution that requires pastors and their churches to affirm homosexuality.
No longer can a pastor and his or her church decide what is right according to the bible for them under the new law.
The Assembly Concurrent Resolution 99 law was passed this week and ironically signed by a number of prominent Christian leaders.
The proposed resolution also condemns attempts to change unwanted same-sex attraction or gender confusion as “unethical,” “harmful,” and leading to high rates of suicide.
“They say there is a stigma associated with being LGBT that is often created by groups in society, including therapists and religious groups, and that stigma has caused disproportionately high rates of suicide, attempted suicide, and depression,” Dr. David said on The Todd Starnes Radio Show. “What they’re asking is that churches and religious groups change how they’re addressing this (lifestyle).”
Gibbs, president and founder of the Christian Law Association, said churches are trying to help LGBT people.
“We want to reach these people, but we believe that the scriptures absolutely take a stand on this issue, and we can not change the stand that the Bible takes,” he continued. “They’re trying to make it where absolutely the churches and religious groups are being held up as the problem why these LGBT community people feel like they do. Nothing could be further from the truth.”
- Glasgow Court calls for ‘please explain’ from venue canceling Franklin Graham contract
- African church leaders call for urgent action on ‘devastating’ locust invasion
- Ravi Zacharias asks for prayer as he heads for spinal surgery
- On second anniversary of abduction, Leah Sharibu’s mom joins protest
- The big question for the Boy Scouts as they hit bankruptcy
- National Marriage Week Starts this Week: How to Celebrate and Why
- National worship gathering ‘Sing Over America’ to be held May 7-8
- April 18 – 19 designated as “Just Pray NO!” to drugs worldwide weekend of prayer and fasting
- Vaccine Exemption Removal Forces Parents to Rethink Options
- Southwest Christian High School, Chaska, Minnesota Featured in 2019 architectural portfolio