Covid passports mandatory for church attendance in Switzerland. Is America next?
Attending church in Switzerland will mean having to have a Covid passport after the country introduced new laws for indoor areas.
As of last Monday, September 13, it is now mandatory for every person in Switzerland to hold a COVID-19 passport in order to be able to attend indoor areas, including restaurants, cafeterias, shopping centers and movie theaters. Churches are included in this.
The move will have alarm bells ringing at churches across the globe, as there is the risk that a church’s welcome team may soon become door attendants, needing to sight paperwork as opposed to welcoming people through the door.
According to Evangelical Focus, the move has drawn disappointment from the Association of Free Churches in Switzerland (Freikichen) responded to the implementation of the measure on 13 September with disappointment. “Visiting a church service is something elemental for Christians. It is an individual but also communitarian and spiritual experience,” it said.
The medical pass may bring more “security”, the association says, but affects the “personal decisions” of citizens. “We have encouraged people to get vaccinated” but “we respect” the personal election of every citizen, they add. “We are focused on the proclamation of the healing message of Jesus, and on worship services in which we experience God and strive to his liveable presence in the community”.
Talking to the authorities, the group of Swiss Free Churches had asked for alternative solutions which could improve security without excluding people. Ideas such as open-air services, multiple services, and rooms with live streaming, were put on the table.
The requirement of such a document also extends to tourists visiting Switzerland for any purpose. However, if they have been vaccinated in countries outside of the European Union and the European Economic Area, their vaccination certificates will not be accepted. Instead, these travelers will have to test for COVID-19 every three days.
The issue has been raised by Switzerland Tourism (ST), which is the national marketing organization promoting Switzerland worldwide as an attractive and diverse travel destination. According to ST, travelers from other countries will need a COVID-19 certificate even to enter the restaurant area of their hotel.
- Myanmar Baptist pastor shot dead amid continued military attacks
- British pro-life group threaten legal action following police response to assault
- Sex Trafficking Survivors Sue Nevada for Enabling Sexual Slavery
- Facing court case, Brian Houston steps down from Hillsong board
- Hillsong forced to defend itself after 60 Minutes Australia sexual assault investigation
- Reminders of CCP Oppression May Surround the World’s Largest Chinese Embassy, London
- Twelve Nigerian Christians killed in attacks by suspected Fulani militants
- “Protect our Children”: Group Urges Viacom to Drop VMAs From Nickelodeon
- Staff and students arrested at Chinese Christian Music High School
- Hillsong member wins “controversial” The Voice TV show
- New Book a Fresh Perspective on the Story of the Cross
- The 6 Ways You Can Recognize God’s Guidance for Your Life
- Chip Ingram Invites Christians on 17-Day Bible Study Journey of Romans 12 Starting on September 27
- Pastors Rave about the Most Effective Forgiveness Book that Empowers Even Those Traumatized by 9/11 to Find Inner Peace and Happiness
- ‘God’s ad-man’ overcomes failure and depression to help many Christian groups
- 96 Organizations Honored as “Certified Best Christian Workplaces”
- Money Is Easy – New Biblical-based picture book for kids available for pre-order
- Evangelical online platform Jrevolution.net will host New Neogenesis discipleship program starting August 3
- God First Nation Co.(TM) Announces Launch Of Handcrafted Wooden And Stainless Steel Watches, The BlackJes Collection
- The Power of Fasting: How About a Juice Fast?
- Dr. Lord: 13 Ways to Conquer Stress
- The Pastor with the Cure: How to Bring God into Creating a Healthy Life
- On 07.04.21 (Independence Day) Christian Churches Must Join Together to Begin Fixing America
- Searching for authentic faith, new book ‘The Pretend Christian’ a must read
- Why Douglas Murray wants Christianity to be true (and is worried if it isn’t)
- Bestselling author inspired by life after death encounter