Egypt PM supports worship as 127 more churches legalized
David Rogers | Staff Writer
Churches and church affiliated buildings licensed for worship in Egypt cannot be “disposed of” or used in any other way, ruled Prime Minister Mustafa Madbouli on 1 July when another 127 church buildings were granted legal status.
The new batch of approvals by the cabinet-approved committee brings the total number of church buildings licensed under the new Law for Building and Restoring Churches to 1,021.
Ottoman-era restrictions on church buildings were repealed in 2016, but long licensing processing times mean many congregations are still having to worship illegally in unregistered buildings
Progress seems to be have been gaining pace since April when Madbouli told the committee overseeing the process to speed up the work it began in 2017 and clear the backlog of unlicensed church buildings as soon as possible.
Of the 3,730 churches that originally applied for approval after the law was introduced, 2,709 are still awaiting licences. A number of churches were already licensed before the law was introduced in September 2016.
- Group starts petition for Donald Trump’s Twitter account to be banned
- Why the NBA Is a ‘Spineless Bully’
- “Please leave us” Australian Anglican bishop tells gays who want to change doctrine
- Christian Charity Responds with Aid in Northern Syria
- Christian tourists at risk if they display their Bible in public in Saudi Arabia
- Colleges and Universities Want Homeschool Graduates!
- New Book ‘The Christian Meditation Journal’ Makes Meditation Accessible to Christians
- New book aims to ‘revolutionize Christian theology regarding creation and all things cosmic’
- “The Jeremiah Johnston Show” Celebrates its First Anniversary on Faith Radio Network
- The Whole Truth Announces Winners of 2019 “40 Under 40 Award”
The 10 Ways Churches Drive Away First-Time Guests
The research and the post got me in trouble five years ago. So, why am I re-visiting this issue? Over the past few weeks, I have been involved...
Kanye West brings Sunday Services to Washington
Kanye West has surprised students at Washington’s Howard University by bringing his Kanye’s Sunday Services to the university. West, who...
Bernie Sanders says Trump Supporters are ‘Lying Bigots’. 5 Reasons He’s Wrong.
In the socialist world view – the world of identity politics – one can’t support both religious freedom and LGBTQ rights. They are mutually...
‘Why Using Children to Promote Climate Change Hysteria is Child Abuse’
It’s unconscionable… It’s child abuse… There’s no excuse for scaring vulnerable children into believing the world is going to end in...
It took 1000 coffees, but you've ﬁnished your book...
So where to now?
That's where we come in.
We have a team of publishing professionals ready to help you bring your book from your laptop to the world.
We offer cover design, typeset, eBook conversion, and competitive print prices. Oh and you'll also be on Amazon and thousands of websites worldwide.
Let us help you take the next step.LEARN MORE