Florida church helps 6,500 families by paying off $7.2 million in medical debt
A church in Central Florida is set to produce a financial miracle for some 6,500 people struggling with medical debt.
Stetson Baptist Church in DeLan is sending a letter informing those selected that their crippling medical debt will be paid in full, courtesy of the church’s generosity.
The Orlando Sentinel reports that the $7.2 million in blessing is the church’s way of blessing the community.
“It’s one thing for us to say, ‘God loves you,’” said senior pastor Dan Glenn of Stetson Baptist Church in DeLand, whose congregation donated enough to buy off the medical debt for low-income residents in Volusia, Lake, Putnam, Marion and Flagler counties. “It’s another for us to show that.”
An offering taken up on June 30 has raised the funds needed after the church had raised the funds it needed to cover its annual operating expenses.
The church will distribute the funds through RIP Medical Debt, a non-profit that buys selected medical debt from health-care providers and debt collectors — typically at one penny on the dollar — and then uses donations to pay off the bills.
Glenn figured his congregation could raise enough to cover one foster home for a year and pay off the medical debt of every Volusia County resident living near the federal poverty level.
“It was awesome,” Glenn said. “I can’t wait for some of those families to receive a letter that says: ‘Your debt has been forgiven.’”
- Group starts petition for Donald Trump’s Twitter account to be banned
- Why the NBA Is a ‘Spineless Bully’
- “Please leave us” Australian Anglican bishop tells gays who want to change doctrine
- Christian Charity Responds with Aid in Northern Syria
- Christian tourists at risk if they display their Bible in public in Saudi Arabia
- Colleges and Universities Want Homeschool Graduates!
- New Book ‘The Christian Meditation Journal’ Makes Meditation Accessible to Christians
- New book aims to ‘revolutionize Christian theology regarding creation and all things cosmic’
- “The Jeremiah Johnston Show” Celebrates its First Anniversary on Faith Radio Network
- The Whole Truth Announces Winners of 2019 “40 Under 40 Award”
The 10 Ways Churches Drive Away First-Time Guests
The research and the post got me in trouble five years ago. So, why am I re-visiting this issue? Over the past few weeks, I have been involved...
Kanye West brings Sunday Services to Washington
Kanye West has surprised students at Washington’s Howard University by bringing his Kanye’s Sunday Services to the university. West, who...
Bernie Sanders says Trump Supporters are ‘Lying Bigots’. 5 Reasons He’s Wrong.
In the socialist world view – the world of identity politics – one can’t support both religious freedom and LGBTQ rights. They are mutually...
‘Why Using Children to Promote Climate Change Hysteria is Child Abuse’
It’s unconscionable… It’s child abuse… There’s no excuse for scaring vulnerable children into believing the world is going to end in...
It took 1000 coffees, but you've ﬁnished your book...
So where to now?
That's where we come in.
We have a team of publishing professionals ready to help you bring your book from your laptop to the world.
We offer cover design, typeset, eBook conversion, and competitive print prices. Oh and you'll also be on Amazon and thousands of websites worldwide.
Let us help you take the next step.LEARN MORE