Hundreds turn out to celebrate the life of Lois Evans
Hundreds of people have celebrated the life of Dr. Lois Evans after her funeral was held Monday.
Dr. Evans, the wife of Dr. Tony Evans, passed away last week. She had been battling biliary cancer, a rare form of cancer. The couple reached out to the Christian community to pray for her healing over the last few months.
The funeral was held at Oak Cliff Bible Fellowship in Dallas, Texas, the church the Evans’s pastor. Dr. Evans commented in a post shared to Instagram:
Sweet Dr. Lois Evans,
Thank you for your LIFE well lived for Christ.
Thank you for your LEGACY that will continue well past its intended destiny.
Thank you for the LOVE that you gave to us individually.
Thank you for showing us grace within long suffering.
#wearegenerate because of your amazing example.
We miss you, but we’re even more proud to know that God has you.
We love you Dr. Lois Irene Evans🌸
Well Done Our Proverbs 31 First Lady🤍 @loisievans”
Lois’s son, Anthony Evans Jr., commented: Mommy, I held your hand as your entered your new and eternal home… I can’t wait to hold it again and to thank you forever for the investment you made in me. Love your first born son…”
Lois’s daughter, Christian author Priscilla Shirer, stated, “If there is one thing you can do in honor of my mother, it’s do not let your hearts be troubled. It’s to believe that the God of Ephesians 3:20 and 21 is still who He said He is. ‘Now unto Him who is able to do exceedingly, abundantly above and beyond anything you can ask or think, to Him be the glory both now and forevermore in Jesus’ name. Amen.”
Shirer also posted a picture of herself and her mom pulling funny faces, commenting, “Me: Hey Mom, let’s make funny faces.”
Lois Evans’ youngest child, Jonathan Evans, told those celebrating her life and legacy how he “wrestled with God” after her death from cancer and what God told him about answering his prayers for her to be healed.
Lois Evans was active in ministry. She has been employed by the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association, the Grand Old Gospel Fellowship Ministry, Dallas Federal Savings and Loan, as well as numerous executive management positions with The Urban Alternative since its inception in 1982, including serving as Executive Vice President from 1989 to 1995. She currently serves as Senior Vice President.
She served in the office of the Senior Pastor at Oak Cliff Bible Fellowship Church, National Religious Broadcasters Board, NRB Television Board, and The Urban Alternative Board of Directors. In addition, she was a member of Leadership Southwest, sponsored by the Oak Cliff Chamber of Commerce and served on the Board of the Christian Management Association. Also, she served as the 1st President of the Global Pastors’ Wives Network.
- Glasgow Court calls for ‘please explain’ from venue canceling Franklin Graham contract
- African church leaders call for urgent action on ‘devastating’ locust invasion
- Ravi Zacharias asks for prayer as he heads for spinal surgery
- On second anniversary of abduction, Leah Sharibu’s mom joins protest
- The big question for the Boy Scouts as they hit bankruptcy
- National Marriage Week Starts this Week: How to Celebrate and Why
- National worship gathering ‘Sing Over America’ to be held May 7-8
- April 18 – 19 designated as “Just Pray NO!” to drugs worldwide weekend of prayer and fasting
- Vaccine Exemption Removal Forces Parents to Rethink Options
- Southwest Christian High School, Chaska, Minnesota Featured in 2019 architectural portfolio