In the UK, abortions increase to one almost every three minutes
The Christian Institute
Nearly 200,000 unborn babies were aborted in England and Wales in 2017, latest official figures show – that’s one approximately every three minutes.
Over 3,000 abortions were due to the “risk” of disability. Women aged between 20 and 24 accounted for the highest abortion rate.
Pro-life organisations have responded with deep concern at the statistics, with one saying that women need a better outcome than abortion.
Government statistics, released last month, showed a 2.3 per cent overall rise in the number of abortions that took place in England and Wales in 2017.
It was also shown that:
– 98 per cent of abortions were funded by taxpayers through the NHS;
– 9 in 10 abortions were carried out before 13 weeks – around 4 in five were under 10 weeks;
– 3,158 abortions were undertaken due to the risk of a baby being born “seriously handicapped”;
– Nearly 40 per cent of women who had an abortion in 2017 had previously had one.
Clare Plasom-Scott of the Life charity cautioned that: “Each abortion represents a personal crisis for a woman who is so desperate she believes the ending of the life of her child is the only viable option.”
She noted that “every abortion ends the life of an unborn child” and said the organisation would continue to be “providing a voice for the unborn and care and support which women in crisis need and deserve”.
Philippa Taylor, Head of Public Policy at the Christian Medical Fellowship, drew out the startling statistic that one abortion took place every 2.7 minutes.
She said the numbers of repeat abortions showed some women were using it as a form of contraceptive.
- New study shows Most Teenagers Drop Out of Church as Young Adults
- They told me my unborn child could be a ‘management problem’
- Thousands hear the gospel as Franklin Graham tours Australia
- Church left terrified as another Colombian pastor is killed
- As megachurch pastor is fired, his church speaks out on its next steps
Does your brain have too many tabs open?
Talking about their struggles with a stressful life someone said to me, ‘My problem is that I’ve got too many tabs open in my brain.’ At the...
Hillsong release statement to claims they are ‘anti-LGBTQ’
Hillsong has somehow ended up in the middle of a gay debate based on an interview with Christian actor Chris Pratt – when the actor does not even...
‘This Is America, 2019’
The newscasters were glum and their tone was dark. “This is America, 2019.” An America where a gay black man could be beaten and almost lynched...
Why Churches Are Moving from Vertical Growth to Horizontal Growth
Two of the most dramatic trends in churches the past decade are declines in attendance frequency and the move to horizontal growth. I have written...
It took 1000 coffees, but you've ﬁnished your book...
So where to now?
That's where we come in.
We have a team of publishing professionals ready to help you bring your book from your laptop to the world.
We offer cover design, typeset, eBook conversion, and competitive print prices. Oh and you'll also be on Amazon and thousands of websites worldwide.
Let us help you take the next step.LEARN MORE