In the UK, abortions increase to one almost every three minutes
The Christian Institute
Nearly 200,000 unborn babies were aborted in England and Wales in 2017, latest official figures show – that’s one approximately every three minutes.
Over 3,000 abortions were due to the “risk” of disability. Women aged between 20 and 24 accounted for the highest abortion rate.
Pro-life organisations have responded with deep concern at the statistics, with one saying that women need a better outcome than abortion.
Government statistics, released last month, showed a 2.3 per cent overall rise in the number of abortions that took place in England and Wales in 2017.
It was also shown that:
– 98 per cent of abortions were funded by taxpayers through the NHS;
– 9 in 10 abortions were carried out before 13 weeks – around 4 in five were under 10 weeks;
– 3,158 abortions were undertaken due to the risk of a baby being born “seriously handicapped”;
– Nearly 40 per cent of women who had an abortion in 2017 had previously had one.
Clare Plasom-Scott of the Life charity cautioned that: “Each abortion represents a personal crisis for a woman who is so desperate she believes the ending of the life of her child is the only viable option.”
She noted that “every abortion ends the life of an unborn child” and said the organisation would continue to be “providing a voice for the unborn and care and support which women in crisis need and deserve”.
Philippa Taylor, Head of Public Policy at the Christian Medical Fellowship, drew out the startling statistic that one abortion took place every 2.7 minutes.
She said the numbers of repeat abortions showed some women were using it as a form of contraceptive.
- British mother infuriated by docs’ eagerness to abort ‘Down’s baby’
- Study Shows Costs Of Legal Marijuana Exceeds Revenues 4:1
- Billy Graham Chaplains Witness Three Testimonies in California Fires
- Trump’ ‘Impossible’ Tax Cuts and Deregulation Spark Historic Economic Boom
- Joni Eareckson Tada Receives New Cancer Diagnosis
If the Radical Left Takes Over, You Can Kiss Your Freedoms Goodbye
The pattern is as predictable as it is obvious. When the left (especially the far left) talks about freedom, it means freedom for those who conform....
I’m a Jesus-Follower, Not an Older, White, Male, Conservative American
It’s true that I prefer the Republican Party platform to the Democratic Party platform, hands down. It’s true that I’m a moral conservative...
Stop Obsessing Over Social Media Metrics and Start Obsessing Over Ideas
One of the great mistakes of the social media age is obsessing over metrics at the expense of ideas. There are so many digital tools today that...
Christian university, Christian Post indicted in $35 Million fraud
Manhattan District Attorney has charged Olivet University, which also ties in Christian Media Corporation, publishers of The Christian Post on $35...
It took 1000 coffees, but you've ﬁnished your book...
So where to now?
That's where we come in.
We have a team of publishing professionals ready to help you bring your book from your laptop to the world.
We offer cover design, typeset, eBook conversion, and competitive print prices. Oh and you'll also be on Amazon and thousands of websites worldwide.
Let us help you take the next step.LEARN MORE