‘It’s a miracle’ but prayers still needed for Hillsong worship leader
David Rogers | Staff Writer
The Hillsong worship leader who was rushed to hospital last weekend has successfully come through brain surgery in what is being hailed as a miracle.
Chelsea Taylor was worship leading in Sydney, Australia when she never returned to the stage. Feeling unwell, she was taken to hospital, where she was diagnosed with a brain aneurysm.
Chelsea’s mother commented on her daughter’s health, stating, “”Chelsea pulled the life-support out last night. She is talking and trying to get out of bed. Honestly this is a miracle! The comment was said to me, the doctors aren’t saying anything! Praise our faithful God… She walked into church Sunday morning in her white sneakers! I am taking them into her room today as a declaration of faith that she is going to walk out of this hospital 100% healed in Jesus’ mighty name.”
Hillsong Worship took to instagram to update the faith community of her health. Their post stated: “Please pray for Chelsea, one of our beloved Sydney team. This is her leading worship at church on Sunday – she was rushed to hospital shortly afterwards, has since come through a major surgery and needs our prayer. This girl is very dear to our hearts.” — @brookeligertwood ・・・#Repost @casslangton
HILLSONG CREATIVE — This is our @chelsealeetaylor at 8am yesterday— she’s a worshipper, a lover of Jesus and one of the purest hearts ever — and tonight she could do with your prayers. She has just come through a 9 hour brain surgery and we are believing for no more bleeds complete healing and miracles in Jesus name — we are not out of the woods by any means — tonight she is in ICU but we believe in Jesus, his resurrection power and for hope to appear (@zellataylor and all your family we are on your team ). #iloveus #ourpeople #praylikeshesyourstoo”
Prominent worship leaders, including Brooke Ligertwood and Mack Brock have commented saying they were praying for Taylor. Bethel’s Jenn Johnson also reposted the call to intercession.
- On Polyamory, we are ‘Mindlessly Careening Down the Slippery Slope’
- British MP questions how venues are ‘tolerant, inclusive’ if Franklin Graham banned
- Rising violent extremism threatens West Africa’s stability
- As coronavirus bites, Singapore megachurch moves online
- Francis Chan shares of Mynmar miracles
- National Marriage Week Starts this Week: How to Celebrate and Why
- National worship gathering ‘Sing Over America’ to be held May 7-8
- April 18 – 19 designated as “Just Pray NO!” to drugs worldwide weekend of prayer and fasting
- Vaccine Exemption Removal Forces Parents to Rethink Options
- Southwest Christian High School, Chaska, Minnesota Featured in 2019 architectural portfolio