Kanye West joins the Chick-fil-A melee with ‘Closed on Sunday’ song
David Rogers | Staff Writer
Ever the marketer, willing to take any opportunity to promote himself, Kanye West has responded to the Chick-fil-A hysteria by launching a new song.
‘Closed on Sunday’ is West’s latest release, featuring cameos from Kim Kardashian, their children, his mother-in-law Kris Kenner, and sister-in-law Kourtney Kardashian.
It’s the perfect marketing opportunity, given the Christian-owned group is currently getting panned in the media for changing its donations. In addition to this, news broke last week that the company in 2017 donated to anti-Christian group the the Southern Poverty Law Center.
The fourth track off his news ‘Jesus Is King’ album, while the song is about Chick-fil-A, there is very little about the company in the track.
West’s gospel choir also makes an appearance, as they do on the various other album tracks.
Tracks from West’s new album held all Top 10 song spots in Billboard’s Hot Christian Songs and Hot Gospel Songs charts.
- On Polyamory, we are ‘Mindlessly Careening Down the Slippery Slope’
- British MP questions how venues are ‘tolerant, inclusive’ if Franklin Graham banned
- Rising violent extremism threatens West Africa’s stability
- As coronavirus bites, Singapore megachurch moves online
- Francis Chan shares of Mynmar miracles
- National Marriage Week Starts this Week: How to Celebrate and Why
- National worship gathering ‘Sing Over America’ to be held May 7-8
- April 18 – 19 designated as “Just Pray NO!” to drugs worldwide weekend of prayer and fasting
- Vaccine Exemption Removal Forces Parents to Rethink Options
- Southwest Christian High School, Chaska, Minnesota Featured in 2019 architectural portfolio