Nurse sacked for giving cancer patient a Bible
A British court has ruled that a National Health Service (NHS) nurse was rightfully sacked for offering a bible to a cancer patient.
Sarah Kuteh, 50, was fired from her job at Darent Valley Hospital in Dartford, Kent, in 2016 for also encouraging the terminal patient to sing popular Christian hymn ‘The Lord is My Shepherd’.
The Christian nurse reportedly talked to patients about her faith, in addition to handing out a bible. She was found to be in breach of Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) rules.
Kuteh was sacked after a patient in her care complained about her conduct.
Court documents stated that,”On 20 June 2016, the Complaints Department noted a call from a patient being treated for cancer concerning his assessment by the Claimant on 3 June 2016.
“He had replied ‘open minded’ to the question on the form concerning religion and alleged the Claimant had told him that the only way he could get to the Lord was through Jesus.
“(She) told him she would give him her bible if he did not have one; gripped his hand tightly and said a prayer that was very intense and went ‘on and on’; and asked him to sing Psalm 23 [The Lord is My Shepherd] after which he was so astounded that he had sung the first verse with her.”
This is the nurse’s second attempt at appealing the decision. She is reportedly now liaising with the Christian Legal Centre to see if they will take up her case.
Image courtesy Youtube
- Australian teacher sues Christian school as religious freedom under threat
- New York Moves to Force Its Values on Religious Schools
- Christian World Leaders Gather in D.C. to Launch Global Year of the Bible
- Please, Not the Gay Penguins Again
- Mother of Seven Homeless when Muslims Learn She Is Christian
- What’s a Christian single to do?
- Dare 2 Share LIVE moves outside the US to unleash students to start a movement of Gospel conversations
- Pastor Marvin Winans & Perfecting Church Celebrates 30th Anniversary with Black Tie Gala | Friday, October 11
- Generosity devotionals increases giving at thousands of churches
- If ministry stinks, then this new book is a must
Why Churches Have Drifted From Being Confrontational To Popular
Back to the topic of preaching: Many argue that we can’t preach with authority because we need to have a flexible approach to all aspects of...
Why Jarrid Wilson’s Suicide is not the Unpardonable Sin
There are some Christians who believe that suicide is an unpardonable sin, the logic being this: Suicide is self-murder, no murderer-has eternal...
Canon J. John: ‘God and Our Culture of Abortion’
I was recently asked this question: ‘J.John, why are you against abortion?’ And without thinking I replied, ‘Because God is against...
Australia fails abortion bill amendment as it tries to copy US states
The bill to decriminalise abortion in Australia that was recently passed in the New South Wales lower house, is scheduled to be voted on by the...
It took 1000 coffees, but you've ﬁnished your book...
So where to now?
That's where we come in.
We have a team of publishing professionals ready to help you bring your book from your laptop to the world.
We offer cover design, typeset, eBook conversion, and competitive print prices. Oh and you'll also be on Amazon and thousands of websites worldwide.
Let us help you take the next step.LEARN MORE