Outrage as Amazon bans Christian books but promotes paedophilia titles
A number of Christian books that portray a biblical approach to morality have recently been removed from Amazon’s platform, while the online giant continues to sell books that promote paedophilia. Two Christian authors whose books document their journey from homosexuality as Jesus transformed their sexual identity have had their books removed, with Amazon claiming that they were “in violation of our content guidelines”.
One of the authors, Anne Paulk, Executive Director of Restored Hope Network, wrote the book, “Restoring Sexual Identity: Hope for Women Who Struggle with Same-Sex Attraction”. Pastoral counsellor, Joe Dallas, wrote the book “Desires in Conflict: Hope for Men Who Struggle with Sexual Identity”. Neither book denigrated homosexuals, nor used any kind of discriminatory language, yet both have been removed, simply because they offer a Christian viewpoint on morality.
Shockingly, Amazon continues to sell books which openly promote paedophilia. These books include:
* “Paedophilia and Adult-Child Sex: A Philosophical Analysis” by Stephen Kershnar, which defends paedophilia as a socially acceptable practice.
* “Daddy, This Is So Wrong: A Big Collection of Taboo Short Stories”, which is a collection of sick stories about paedophilia.
Despite this blatant, sick double standard, Amazon continues to pull Christian books from its shelves. Other Christian books that have recently been removed include:
* “Growth into Manhood: Resuming The Journey” by Alan Medinger
* “Achieving Heterosexuality: A Universal, Scientific, and Faith-Based Perspective” by Marie Davidson
* “Straight Talk About Homosexuality” by Richard Cohen
* “Orientation and Choice: One Man’s Sexual Journey” by Catholic attorney, David A. Robinson.
None of these books denigrated homosexuals. None of them were judgmental. They simply promoted an alternate Christian viewpoint and documented the cases of people who had successfully left behind their homosexual lifestyles after placing their faith in Jesus.
Speaking of Amazon’s hypocrisy, author Anne Paulk recently said, “It is appalling that Amazon has banned books detailing how one struggling with unwanted same-sex attraction can overcome those feelings and transform his or her sexuality in a biblical fashion, while thinking nothing of selling books that celebrate the kind of deviancy Jeffrey Epstein was charged with.”
She’s right. It is appalling. What sort of sick society prefers the twisted writings of paedophiles, to the respectful writings of people promoting wholesome Christian values?
One of the marks of a mature, democratic society is its ability to tolerate different viewpoints and allow respectful dialogue regarding a variety of beliefs. The current wave of repressive censorship, however, is more reflective of a moral and philosophical dictatorship. Shutting down debate, squashing alternative viewpoints and insisting on adherence to a single narrow dogma is the mark of a repressive regime – one that I never envisaged seeing in a western democracy.
Kevin Simington (B.Th. Dip. Min.) is a theologian, apologist and social commentator. He spent 31 years in Christian ministry as a church pastor and a Christian educator. He is the author of Finding God When He Seems to be Hiding; No More Monkey Business: Evolution in Crisis; and Making Sense of the Bible. He is now a full time author and speaker. Visit https://smartfaith.net/.
- Jarrid Wilson’s wife shares his ‘first birthday in heaven’
- Singer Francesca Battistelli shares her pregnancy miracle
- Christian children in Myanmar rescued from war zones, settled in safe villages
- NZ study shows 1 in 6 mothers experience ‘relationship transitions’ before child is 5
- Some Good News on the Front Lines of the Culture Wars
- “The Jeremiah Johnston Show” Celebrates its First Anniversary on Faith Radio Network
- The Whole Truth Announces Winners of 2019 “40 Under 40 Award”
- The Old Schoolhouse® Magazine is Recruiting Homeschool Bloggers
- What’s a Christian single to do?
- Dare 2 Share LIVE moves outside the US to unleash students to start a movement of Gospel conversations
Want to know the secret to leading high achievers?
As a leader, at some point in your career you’ll have the influence, budget, and resources to build a team of high achievers. High achievers come...
On Sin, Jesus’ Disappointing Message
Part of the Christmas story tells us the reason why Jesus came: “you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their...
Edward Snowden: ‘A permanent record of our every move is being created’
Since Facebook has been exposed for its breach of data, leaving most of us aware of just how little privacy we in fact have, Edward Snowden has...
5 Things Christians Should Know About Depression and Mental Illness
Many know all too well the debilitating effects of mental illness. We do a great disservice when we tell those struggling to “just get over it and...
It took 1000 coffees, but you've ﬁnished your book...
So where to now?
That's where we come in.
We have a team of publishing professionals ready to help you bring your book from your laptop to the world.
We offer cover design, typeset, eBook conversion, and competitive print prices. Oh and you'll also be on Amazon and thousands of websites worldwide.
Let us help you take the next step.LEARN MORE