Pastor speaks out on Benny Hinn, states he needs to clarify giving teaching
In the wake of televangelist Benny Hinn renouncing the prosperity gospel, an American pastor has called on Hinn to clarify his statements.
The Christian Post reported that Bishop George Bloomer used his Sunday sermon to respond to Pastor Benny Hinn’s video on giving during his series on The Gospel of Fallen Angels.
Bishop Bloomer is the pastor and founder of Bethel Family Worship Center in Durham, NC. He also hosts the television program, ‘Rejoice in the Word’.
In his video below, Bishop Bloomer has told his church that “I owe them a refund … if I am a shyster, if I am selling a product and the product that I am selling is flawed.”
Benny Hinn came out just over a week ago stating that the Gospel is “not for sale.”
Using Facebook Live to talk to his fans and financial supporters, he told supporters, “Today, sadly, among a lot of circles, all you hear is how to build the flesh. It’s a feel good message. It’s all about ‘feel good,’ ‘do good,’ all that. Make money, all the rest of it. And I’m sorry to say, prosperity has gone a little crazy, and I’m correcting my own theology. And you need to all know it.
“Because when I read the Bible now, I don’t see the Bible through the same eyes that I did twenty years ago.
“I think it’s an offense to the Holy Spirit to put a price on the Gospel. I’m done with it.”
Hinn’s renouncing of the prosperity message he has taught for decades appear to have been made in response to his nephew’s new book. Costi Hinn has released a book that exposes the lavish life the Hinns have, which has exposed the life Benny Hinn lives and the insane luxuries that follow it.
My Christian Daily reached out to Benny Hinn International Ministries for comment but at the time of publishing this article, no comment has been made.
- Bishop who married Harry and Meghan offers pastoral support
- Planned Parenthood to spend $45 million on 2020 elections
- New study shows Italians take vow of chastity when the Pope is in town
- Donald Trump announces students’ freedom to pray, express beliefs
- Amid controversy, Oprah Winfrey Network will not renew John Gray TV show
- Vaccine Exemption Removal Forces Parents to Rethink Options
- Southwest Christian High School, Chaska, Minnesota Featured in 2019 architectural portfolio
- Heart-warming new Christmas movie now available on DVD
- A life of travel leads author to Central Australia and fostering Indigenous children
- Why identity in Christ is at the heart of a successful Christian life