Pastor Tony Evans’ Wife Lois Passes Away
The wife of Pastor Tony Evans has passed away after a long battle with cancer.
Lois Evans had been battling biliary cancer, a rare form of cancer. The couple reached out to the Christian community to pray for her healing over the last few months.
“Just before the sun came up this morning, the love of my life, Lois Irene Evans, transitioned from earth and watched her first sunrise from heaven,” Tony Evans commented on Facebook.
“I had the privilege of holding her hand as she was lulled into eternity. Our four children surrounded her as well. As she slipped away, we told her how much we love her, how proud we are of her, and how thankful we are for the life she has lived.
“We are what we are because of her.”
Lois Evans was active in ministry. She has been employed by the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association, the Grand Old Gospel Fellowship Ministry, Dallas Federal Savings and Loan, as well as numerous executive management positions with The Urban Alternative since its inception in 1982, including serving as Executive Vice President from 1989 to 1995. She currently serves as Senior Vice President.
She served in the office of the Senior Pastor at Oak Cliff Bible Fellowship Church, National Religious Broadcasters Board, NRB Television Board, and The Urban Alternative Board of Directors. In addition, she was a member of Leadership Southwest, sponsored by the Oak Cliff Chamber of Commerce and served on the Board of the Christian Management Association. Also, she served as the 1st President of the Global Pastors’ Wives Network.
“Thank you so much for praying for my wife and for my family,” Dr. Evans continued. “God answered our prayers this morning by relieving her of suffering. But the truth is, He has been answering our prayers all along. Lois lived beyond medical expectations, not once, but over and over again. God has been so kind to give us more time to make wonderful memories.
“While we know the coming days will be challenging, right now we are grateful for the life and love of a woman who planted seeds that will bear fruit for generations to come.
“Thank you for your continued prayers for our family as we grieve, and also for your patience as we finalize our plans to honor her life.”
Lois celebrated her 70th birthday in early December, with her husband taking to Instagram to celebrate the occasion.
Dr. Tony Evans is the founder and senior pastor of Oak Cliff Bible Fellowship in Dallas, founder and president of The Urban Alternative and author of over 100 books, booklets and Bible studies.
The first African American to earn a doctorate of theology from Dallas Theological Seminary, he has been named one of the 12 Most Effective Preachers in the English-Speaking World by Baylor University. Dr. Evans holds the honor of writing and publishing the first full-Bible commentary and study Bible by an African American.
- Glasgow Court calls for ‘please explain’ from venue canceling Franklin Graham contract
- African church leaders call for urgent action on ‘devastating’ locust invasion
- Ravi Zacharias asks for prayer as he heads for spinal surgery
- On second anniversary of abduction, Leah Sharibu’s mom joins protest
- The big question for the Boy Scouts as they hit bankruptcy
- National Marriage Week Starts this Week: How to Celebrate and Why
- National worship gathering ‘Sing Over America’ to be held May 7-8
- April 18 – 19 designated as “Just Pray NO!” to drugs worldwide weekend of prayer and fasting
- Vaccine Exemption Removal Forces Parents to Rethink Options
- Southwest Christian High School, Chaska, Minnesota Featured in 2019 architectural portfolio