Texas abortion law: Joe Biden says life doesn’t begin at conception
US President Joe Biden. Image: Michael Stokes, Wikipedia Commons
Abortion is big business, and with Texas announcing the Heartbeat Bill, U.S. President Joe Biden has weighed in on the matter.
According to the new law, which is causing major division across not only those in Texas, but those across the country, the law bans abortion once “the rhythmic contracting of fetal cardiac tissue can be detected, sometimes before a woman realizes she is pregnant”.
The bill states that there are no exceptions for rape or incest, but exceptions can be made for a medical emergency. Abortion providers can also be sued for helping women participate in executing an abortion, as private citizens will have the power to sue abortion providers and anyone who ‘aids or abets’ an abortion after six weeks. Citizens who win such lawsuits would be entitled to at least $10,000.
Now Biden, a self-confessed Catholic who was refused Communion by a Catholic priest in 2019 because of his stance on abortion, has spoken out on the Bill. While he states that he is a strong supporter of Roe v Wade, he says the new Texas law creates a “vigilante system” where people are rewarded for informing authorities of those who go on to have an abortion.
“I respect people who believe life begins at conception,” he said, “but I don’t agree.”
Biden went on to say that there are people within the Justice Department who are looking to see if there are things that can be done “that can limit the independent actions of individuals in enforcing a state law. I don’t know enough to give you an answer yet. Ive asked that to be checked.”
The bill was originally signed by Governor Kemp on May 7, 2019, bringing into effect one of the strictest abortion laws in the country at the time. The bill would prohibit abortions after a heartbeat can be detected in a conceptus, which is usually when a woman is six weeks pregnant.
In March, Franklin Graham came out in support of the Notre Dame community after it pulled the plug on having President Joe Biden speak due to his stance on abortion. Notre Dame, which traditionally gives presidents an honorary degree, declined the offer to Biden amid outrage over his pro-choice views.
“I know that being president is tough, but I appreciate that 4,300 members of the Notre Dame community signed a petition asking university leadership not to have President Joe Biden speak at commencement due to his position in support of abortion,” Graham said.
“They said, ‘He rejects Church teachings on abortion, marriage, sex and gender and is hostile to religious liberty. He embraces the most pro-abortion and anti-religious liberty public policy program in history.’ This took a lot of guts, but I’m grateful they would stand up for truth and life. God bless them.”
- Myanmar Baptist pastor shot dead amid continued military attacks
- British pro-life group threaten legal action following police response to assault
- Sex Trafficking Survivors Sue Nevada for Enabling Sexual Slavery
- Facing court case, Brian Houston steps down from Hillsong board
- Hillsong forced to defend itself after 60 Minutes Australia sexual assault investigation
- Reminders of CCP Oppression May Surround the World’s Largest Chinese Embassy, London
- Twelve Nigerian Christians killed in attacks by suspected Fulani militants
- “Protect our Children”: Group Urges Viacom to Drop VMAs From Nickelodeon
- Staff and students arrested at Chinese Christian Music High School
- Hillsong member wins “controversial” The Voice TV show
- New Book a Fresh Perspective on the Story of the Cross
- The 6 Ways You Can Recognize God’s Guidance for Your Life
- Chip Ingram Invites Christians on 17-Day Bible Study Journey of Romans 12 Starting on September 27
- Pastors Rave about the Most Effective Forgiveness Book that Empowers Even Those Traumatized by 9/11 to Find Inner Peace and Happiness
- ‘God’s ad-man’ overcomes failure and depression to help many Christian groups
- 96 Organizations Honored as “Certified Best Christian Workplaces”
- Money Is Easy – New Biblical-based picture book for kids available for pre-order
- Evangelical online platform Jrevolution.net will host New Neogenesis discipleship program starting August 3
- God First Nation Co.(TM) Announces Launch Of Handcrafted Wooden And Stainless Steel Watches, The BlackJes Collection
- The Power of Fasting: How About a Juice Fast?
- Dr. Lord: 13 Ways to Conquer Stress
- The Pastor with the Cure: How to Bring God into Creating a Healthy Life
- On 07.04.21 (Independence Day) Christian Churches Must Join Together to Begin Fixing America
- Searching for authentic faith, new book ‘The Pretend Christian’ a must read
- Why Douglas Murray wants Christianity to be true (and is worried if it isn’t)
- Bestselling author inspired by life after death encounter