Wife shares touching video of husband hours before he took his life
David Rogers | Staff Writer
The wife of pastor Jarrid Wilson who sadly committed suicide Monday, has taken to social media to share a video of her husband and child playing hours before he took his life.
Julianne Wilson has posted a video of her husband and son at baseball practice Monday evening. Four hours later his life was over.
In her post she states “Can’t sleep, so I’m watching this video over and over again.
“I took this on Monday evening around 7:30 pm at our son’s baseball practice. By 11:45 that night, my sweet husband was in the presence of Jesus. I love you, jarrid. I miss you beyond what my heart can stand. Thank you for loving our boys and I with the greatest passion and selflessness I’ve ever seen or felt in my entire life .
“I’d do anything for a hug from you right now. I keep hearing on repeat what you told me all day every single day, “gosh I frieking (how he always spelled it) love you.” Longing to be with you, longing to make you proud. The boys and I miss you so much. I frieking love you too. So much more than you could ever know. Wish I could tell you that right now. We all do.”
Jarrid was a pastor at Greg Laurie’s Harvest Christian Fellowship in Orange County, California.
He also founder Anthem of Hope, a Christian organization dedicated to amplifying hope for those battling brokenness, depression, anxiety, self-harm, addiction and suicide.
A GoFundMe page has been set up for the family. According to the page, “Jarrid Wilson was a devoted father and husband, powerful speaker, and gifted writer who died on September 9th, the eve of World Suicide Prevention Day.
“He struggled publicly with mental health, and his willingness to break the silence on this often taboo issue gave many the courage they needed to survive the dark nights of their soul. He even founded an organization (Anthem of Hope) to provide resources to those who wrestle with depression, anxiety, and suicidal thoughts. Countless people are alive today because of his words and work.
“Jarrid is survived by his wife Juli and their two precious children. Because Jarrid was the primary income earner for their household, this gofundme has been setup to help provide for them during this period of grief. In the coming days, they will need to cover a funeral, which are very expensive. But as Juli and the kids discern what is next for their family, they will also need to pay for basic necessities, health care, counseling, etc.”
Image courtesy Instagram
- On Polyamory, we are ‘Mindlessly Careening Down the Slippery Slope’
- British MP questions how venues are ‘tolerant, inclusive’ if Franklin Graham banned
- Rising violent extremism threatens West Africa’s stability
- As coronavirus bites, Singapore megachurch moves online
- Francis Chan shares of Mynmar miracles
- National Marriage Week Starts this Week: How to Celebrate and Why
- National worship gathering ‘Sing Over America’ to be held May 7-8
- April 18 – 19 designated as “Just Pray NO!” to drugs worldwide weekend of prayer and fasting
- Vaccine Exemption Removal Forces Parents to Rethink Options
- Southwest Christian High School, Chaska, Minnesota Featured in 2019 architectural portfolio